We need to reach out and talk… and visit with them one way or another. And, it will not be the same as it was in January. Changes are here, will stay for a while and we have to… deal with it. Let’s explore what we can do.
First off, make the phone call to clients, get a feel for what they are thinking, review their situation, make suggestions if applicable and make a presentation. The first presentation may be using ZOOM or something comparable. Use the easiest tool for them to navigate. Also, I would send them some info in advance just in case technology gets in the way of your review and recommendations. Now, here comes another step that will need some preparation from you. Please read on…
You know, as a member of the Safe Money Places Agent Network (safemoneyplaces.com), we want to keep everyone safe. Below are some tips I've gathered from the agents successfully navigating today's market.
- I would suggest, if they feel comfortable, a face to face meeting.
- This would, of course, be dependent on the spread of virus and state laws in your locale.
- I would, in a letter prior to making this request, inform your clients or prospects the safety measures that you employ.
- I would suggest a letter, prior to going to their home, advising them that you would want to social distance.
- If the weather is still warm, go for a patio, screened porch or deck.
- Let them know that you will be wearing a mask and that you will bring a new mask for them. Let them know that you will also be bringing hand sanitizers.
- I would also go as far to say that you will, with the wipes you bring, clean up after yourself. Ask them to use their own pens.
- I would also wrap their proposals and recommendations in plastic and clean the plastic prior to handing to them.
- Also, let them know that you will also wear new plastic gloves.
- This, of course, could also be done in your office is everyone feels comfortable.
- The most important thing is to make them feel safe.
Guys and Girls, this is a new normal for now. Things will loosen up after a vaccine. But, their portfolios and your income can’t wait. If you can do all of this virtually… congrats. We have many advisors and agents doing just that. We have many doing the “hybrid” approach. Bottom line, we have what they need, they have a need and we also have a responsibility to our clients.
We are here to help you. Give us a call at 1-877-844-0900 to find out how many of our agents are still making great progress. No, this isn’t perfect but the world has changed. And, virtually selling will not go away. I guess we have to… “deal with it.”
Until next time… good selling
Raymond J. Ohlson, CLU, CRC, LACP
President and CEO
The Ohlson Group